schema libraries

From: Tom Preston <tpreston@amadeusboston.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:58:02 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
I'm interested in re-using existing code where possible and like to use
fairly standard code libraries (like java libs).   I can't find ANY schema
definition libraries.  Maybe I am missing something.  Specifically, I am
interested in a schema which defines an HTML form.  I want to define an html
editor - example: an html ship editor which can be used to get data into a
database.  The schema doc will be able to be used to code generate the ship
editor form.  For example:

Enter ship name here: <input type="text" name="shipname">

could be code generated if I knew a "short description" and "HtmlInputType".
Very simple incomplete version:

  <simpleType name="HtmlInputType">
    <restriction base="NMTOKEN">
      <enumeration value="select"/>
      <enumeration value="text"/>
    </restriction>
  </simpleType>

I know that I am not the first person to think that an HtmlInputType would
be handy.  Has this already been defined somewhere?  Are there xsd libraries
somewhere?

TOm