How to validate a doc with parts that needs to be ignored ?

From: CVI-AP/WEBAPP, HALLEUX J-F, 1Sgt <HALLEUX.JF@js.mil.be>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 07:32:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hello,

I have a question regarding the validation of a XML document that looks like
this :

<a:X>
	<B>
	</B>
	<a:Y>
		<C>
		</C>
	/a:Y>
</a:X>

- the elements X and Y belongs to namespace "a".
- the tag Y should be inside the tag X.
- there should be only one Y in X.
- the tag B and C do not belong to a specified namespace.
- inside tag B and C, there can be any documentfragment.

* is it possible to define a DTD for this document ? (I guess not)
* is it possible to define a Schema for this document ? How ? Would "any"
work ?
* if it is not possible, what are the alternatives ?
* any pointers to an example ?

Thank you very much, Jeff