AW: [xmlschema-dev] <none>

From: Franz-Josef Herpers <franz-josef.herpers@spmtechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 15:23:31 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

> My problem is that I don't know how to link and instance (XML
> document ) to
>  a XMLshema. Or how to create an instance that is in accordance
> with a XmlSchema concerning the declaration of element,
> attribute etc..

<rootelement xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
       xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/xsd14.xsd">

You link a xml-file to a schema via the noNamespaceSchemaLocation
-Attribute in the start-Tag of your root-Element. The value of the
attribute is the path (URL) to your XML-Schema.

> I create a XML file  with a tag that the value is not correct
> in comparison
>  to the declaration of this tag in the XMLSchema. And If i
> try to display
> the XML file with
> IE5 there is no problem, no error message.

That's right, because the built-in-Parser in IE5 (msxml) does not
support XML-Schema. The newest msxml-Paser (msxml4beta) does, but
in can't work in replace mode, which means won't work as built-in.

> So How can i control or create a XML file that correspond to the
> declaration of the XMLSchema?

Use XSV or Xerces to validate your XML-Files. These and other tool
you'll find at http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema.

Hope that helps
Franz