Re: fixed and default

From: Ian Stokes-Rees <ijs@decisionsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:19:19 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
> It can't, it's outside the expressive power of XML Schema as it
> stands.  This constraint is expressed in the spec. at [1] and [2].

Thanks for clearing that up -- I thought the XMLschema.xsd file, when it said
normative, also meant that it was definitive.  Now I know better.

> > Also, what was the reason for not allowing choice to operate over
> > attributes?
>
> It's one (relatively simple) example of what we call co-constraints,
> which we wish to provide a general solution for.

I see that, but then don't see the difference with "choice" on elements.  The
decision to allow it in one place but not another is what confuses me.

Ian.

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                       DecisionSoft Ltd.
Telephone: +44-1865-203192            http://www.decisionsoft.com