Help on Regular expression in XML schema

From: Vidyanand Murunikkara <vidyanand.murunikkara@infravio.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:05:48 -0700
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
I am looking for a regular expression library for java which satisfies all the
conditions as set in XML schema --> datatypes--> appendix F regular expression .
it would be very helpful if someone could direct me to a good regex library.

I have tried a lot of the libraries including gnu and apache .. but all of them
doesn't seem to support them especially when it comes to validating a pattern like
the one that is specified  in the NCName .. ( shown below )

<xs:pattern value="[\i-[:]][\c-[:]]*" id="NCName.pattern">
        <xs:annotation>
          <xs:documentation
                source="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/#NT-NCName">
            pattern matches production 4 from the Namespaces in XML spec
          </xs:documentation>
        </xs:annotation>
      </xs:pattern>

thank you