Re: [Moderator Action] Array and Type Choice?

From: Jeff Rafter <jeffrafter@definedweb.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 14:08:54 -0700
To: <rlin@eng.utoledo.edu>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Risheng,

> No runtime constraints like this are supported in XML Schema 1.0, sorry.
>
> > How to design such an schema? And what is the best practice? In such a
> > situation, do I have to resort to XPATH?

There is actually a "Best Practices" document maintained by Roger Costello
that discusses some issues. [1]  This one in particular is covered [2].

[1] http://www.xfront.com/BestPractices.html
[2] http://www.xfront.com/ExtendingSchemas.html

Good luck,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting