RE: XML Schema min/max/Inclusice/Exclusive facet question

Yes it is legal.  As for how the "special values" figure into the order
relation on float and double, the spec says [1]:

	Positive zero is greater than negative zero. Not-a-number
	equals itself and is greater than all float values including
	positive infinity.

Naturally, negative infinity is less than all other values, even tho that is
not explicitly stated.

> > 2. About "Constraint on Schemas: maxInclusive and maxExclusive", is it
> error that
> >    deriving by adding the maxInclusive facet, when the maxExclusive is
> among the
> >    members of {facets} of {base type definition} ?
>
> See section 4.3.7 "CoS: maxInclusive valid restriction". It is an error
> only
> if the specified value is greater than or equal to the value of
> maxExclusive.

We have clarified "Cos: maxInclusive and maxExclusive" to note that the
constraint only applies within a single derivation step.  That is, the
following is illegal:

	<simpleType name='myType1'>
		<restriction base='integer'>
			<maxExclusive value='11'/>
			<maxInclusive value='10'/>
		</restriction>
	</simpleType>

while the follow is perfectly legal:

	<simpleType name='myType2'>
		<restriction>
			<simpleType>
				<restriction base='integer'>
					<maxExclusive value='11'/>
				</restriction>
			</simpleType>
			<maxInclusive value='10'/>
		</restriction>
	</simpleType>

> > 3. The minExclusive facet "Constraint on Schemas: minExclusive valid
> restriction"
> >    says "minExclusive is among the members of {facets} of {base type
> definition}
> >    and {value} is greater than the {value} of the parent minExclusive"
> is error.
> >    "greater than" is correct?
>
> I guess it's typo. It would be better to post this to
> www-xml-schema-comments@w3.org to let WG know this typo.

Yes, that was a typo in the PR draft and has been corrected.  The first
clause of that CoS should read:

	1. minExclusive is among the members of {facets} of
	    {base type definition} and {value} is less than the {value}
	    of the parent minExclusive

pvb