Specifying key/keyrefs constraints for Link/XPointer 'bare names'.

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 19:31:24 +0200
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

I am trying to specify a key/keyref (or id/idref) constraint for a XLink
which is using the 'bare names' [1] XPointer scheme in the same
document.

This means that I'll have a key definition like:

	<character id="character_Snoopy">

and a reference like:

	<character xlink:href="#character_Snoopy" xlink:type="simple"/>

The problem in both cases (key/keyref or id/idref) is that the "#" needs
to be added in the xlink:href reference.

Even with key/keyref, more flexible than id/idref, the keyref must be
constructed as a path to an existing node and cannot be the result of a
XPath function (string-after(@xlink:href, "#") would have done the trick
otherwise.

Is there any other way to solve my specific case or any chance that we
could change this in the spec ?

Thanks

Eric

PS: a full XPointer would still be a more interesting case since, it's
the value of the attribute which should then be interpreted as XPath
expression...

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xptr#bare-names