Re: Modifying imported types, and validating XHTML on XSV

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To: "Sean Palmer" <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: Modifying imported types, and validating XHTML on XSV

> "Sean Palmer" <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk> writes:
>
> > Is it possible to constrain or otherwise modify types when importing
them? I
> > ask because this will be needed for an XML Schema version of XHTML.
>
> Yes, see section 6.2.2 of the PWD [1] regarding the <redefine> facility.
>
> > Will XSV be able to cope with a modularized version of XHTML recasted
into
> > XML Schema(?) - i.e.could we use it in its current state to competently
> > validate an XHTML Family.
>
> I hope so :-)

[MJG]
I can confirm that the redefine support in XSV does work; I've tried some
simple examples. You can find 'base' schema at[1], importing schema at[2]
and instance at[3]. These are just adding an xml:lang attribute to a complex
type but I think they illustrate the principal.

Martin

[1] http://marting.develop.com/xsd/lc-215/ex1.xsd
[2] http://marting.develop.com/xsd/lc-215/ex3.xsd
[3] http://marting.develop.com/xsd/lc-215/ex2.xml