Re: Force XSV to strictly validate

"Yuichi Koike" <koike@ay.jp.nec.com> writes:

> This is a question about web-based XSV. (2000/09/22 version).
>
> In my understanding, when DOCTYPE is specified,
> XSV does "strict" validation. Otherwise, it does "lax"
> validation. (I am sorry, if I misunderstand).
>
> Is it possible to force XSV to do "strict" validation,
> when XML documents have no DOCTYPE declarations?
> (I hope there is a hidden option or something...)

XSV validates strictly iff it has a schema for the namespace of the
document element.  This can perfectly well happen without any DOCTYPEs
involved.

It's not obvious to me why having a DOCTYPE is likely to make this
happen --- could you point me to an example of lax validation which
you think results from lack of a DOCTYPE?