From: Dan Connolly [mailto:connolly@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 10:51 AM
To: Filipe Garcia
Cc: w3t-pr@w3.org; robin@isogen.com; xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject: Re: comparitive study between shema and DTD

Filipe Garcia wrote:

> Dear sirs,
>
> I'm writing an cientific article (paper) for magazine about the new
> language XML Schema. Thus I would like to know informations about the main
> differences between XML Schema and DTD (XML). In my paper I intend to
> compare both languages (DTD and Schema)using the same particulary
document.
> Do you have documentation about this, that can help me in my research?

Among the "Presentations, guides, and tutorial materials"
indexed at
	http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema

this seems relevant:

The XML Schema Specification in Context
    by Rick Jelliffe, Academia Sinica Computing Centre
    2000-02-24 draft only
    compares XML Schema with XML DTDs, SGML DTDs, HyTime, and perl
regular expressions
http://www.ascc.net/~ricko/XMLSchemaInContext.html

Also, if you like to "Use the Source, Luke!" you might
like to study a tool that converts DTDs to schemas:

	A Conversion tool from DTD to XML Schema in perl; open source.
	http://www.w3.org/2000/04/schema_hack/

--
bind default <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/kb>
<mailto:connolly@w3.org> is mailbox of

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.  Thank you.  OneChem Ltd.