Re: [XML-SIG] XML Schema validator?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 22 May 2000 10:31:43 +0100
To: Michael McLay <mclay@nist.gov>
Cc: xml-sig@python.org, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Michael McLay <mclay@nist.gov> writes:

> I'm looking for a validator for XML Schema instance files.
> The XML Schema validator at http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
> is close to what I need, but it has a GPLed copyright on the validator
> and a non-commercial restriction on the PyXML module that it is
> dependant on.  The ideal mechanism for checking XML files against an
> XML Schema would be built on top of the standard Python 1.6 XML
> package and it would have a Python-like copyright.

Our PyXML module will shortly be re-released for Python1.6 with a GPL
license, and a new name so as not to conflict with the existing PyXML
module.

We will happily discuss with you less-restrictive licensing terms for
[whatever PyXML becomes], and we would also be happy if someone ported
XSV to run on top of some other validating Python XML interface -- the
hooks are there (in layer.py).