Re: Implemenation flexibility for representations of unbounded properties

Peter Canning wrote:
> [...]
> Are implementations required to
> support arbitrarily large values for the "min occurs" property?

Yes, per the current draft as written.

>  If not
> what are they required to support?
>
> The similar situation obviously occurs for string valued properties, and
> probably for others
>
> It would be helpful if the specification gave some guidance in the
> requirements for conformance is these kinds of areas.

Actually, we're hoping the implementors will inform the specification,
at this point:

	NOTE: The use of arbitrary precision
              decimal numbers, including all datatypes
              derived from decimal (e.g., integer) in this
              design impacts the implementation of
              schema processors in a number of places:
              checking maxLength constraints on strings,
              for example. It may impact interchange
              between XML schemas and programming
              languages, databases, etc.

              Our design discussions did not reveal