xml schema and inheritence

From: Himanshu Chatterjee <chimanshu@gadzoox.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 10:11:28 -0700
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Cc: Himanshu Chatterjee <chimanshu@gadzoox.com>
I have this situation:

I have LDAP schema that need to be translated to xml. I choose xml schema to
represent the LDAP schema. Till now our customers have the capabilities of
extending LDAP schema by inheritence, and I need the same functionality in
xml schema. Can I extend xml schema through some kind of inheritence ? I
mean in the new schema that is derived from the base schema, I should be
able to redefine or extend any element type ( simple or complex ) of the
base schema.

Any pointer towards this is highly appreciated.
Thank you
Himanshu