[Craig Brown <cmb@research.canon.com.au>] XSV

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Craig Brown <cmb@research.canon.com.au>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 00 23:25:23 +1000
  • Subject: XSV
  • To: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk
Henry,

Call me an idiot but.....

I have been trying to get your XSV running on my local machine.
I downloaded the stuff as suggested.

First glitch - when the validator sees:

<xsd:schema

it goes looking for the www.w3.org site and does not work.  I want
this to run on a laptop when offline.

Next - I downloaded various stuff from http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema
and changed my .xsd document to:

<xsd:schema
	xmlns:xsd="XMLSchema.xml"

and got the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "applyschema.py", line 747, in ?
    runitAndShow(argl[0],argl[1:],k,style)
  File "applyschema.py", line 438, in runitAndShow
    (res,encoding)=runit(en,rns,k)
  File "applyschema.py", line 588, in runit
    validate(e, t, s, ed)
  File "applyschema.py", line 47, in validate
    validateElement(element, typedef, schema, eltDecl)
  File "applyschema.py", line 123, in validateElement
    validateKeys(eltDecl,element)
  File "applyschema.py", line 325, in validateKeys
    validateKeys1(elt,decl.keys,1)
  File "applyschema.py", line 333, in validateKeys1
    candidates=sp.find(elt)
  File "xpath.py", line 39, in find
    sub=self.process(element,pat)
  File "xpath.py", line 61, in process
    res=pe(element)
  File "xpath.py", line 34, in <lambda>
    return lambda e,y=None,s=self,n=part:s.children(e,n,y)
  File "xpath.py", line 103, in children
    for c in element.children:
AttributeError: 'Element' instance has no attribute 'children'

For the life of me - I can't work out what it is trying to do
and failing.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also - while I've got your attention - I am working with key and keyref.
Can you use these with a complexType rather than an element. eg:

<xsd:complexType blah>
  <xsd:element ID type="ID"/>
</xsd:complexType>

<xsd:key>
  <xsd:selector>blah</xsd:selector>
  <xsd:field>@ID</xsd:field>
</xsd:key>

THanks in advance.

...cmb
--
Craig Brown      Principal Software Engineer
Canon Information Systems Research Australia     Phone: 61 2 9805 2469