Multiple enumeration

From: Elena Litani <hlitani@jtcsv.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:56:09 -0500
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

I am not sure I understand specs correctly. See section (Schema
Representation Constraint: Simple Type Restriction (Facets)):

"A simple type definition (call it R) restricts another simple type
definition (call it B) with a set of facets (call this S) if:
1.1  ...
1.2  The {facets} of R are the union of S and the {facets} of B, without
duplicates. To avoid duplicates, when a facet of the same kind occurs in
both S and the {facets} of B, the one in the {facets} of B is not
included, with the exception of enumeration and pattern facets, for
which multiple occurrences with distinct values are allowed."

Is the following example valid?

<simpleType name ="B">
     <restriction base ="float">
         <enumeration value="1"/>
         <enumeration value="2"/>
<simpleType name ="R">
     <restriction base ="myFloat">
     <enumeration value="3"/>

B can have values {1,2}.

** Is R allowed to have values {1,2,3}
** Is R does not allow to have any values (intersection of B enumeration
and R enumeration)?

If for type R enumeration would be:
<enumeration value="1"/>  (instead of value="3")

Does it mean that R can have value {1}?

Thank you,