            </simpleType>
 </element>

All the best, Ashok

MarkH@i2.co.uk@w3.org on 12/21/2000 12:34:54 PM

Sent by:  xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org

To:   ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
cc:
Subject:  RE: Element containing a list of IDs

Thanks Henry. I had looked at tge US States example, the spec, and all the
posts containing "<list" and couldn't see what is wrong with my stuff. I
want to do this with anonymous types (hence my following one of the posts
rather than the US States example as my template). I realise my stuff is
wrong, but not why, and therefore not how to fix it. I guess the problem is
in my failure to properly anonymise the example?

I've just tried again starting from the example as you suggested but am
hitting the same problem. I guess I'm doing something really stupid!

Aiming slighly lower I ended up with...
    <element name='exporteditems' minOccurs='0' maxOccurs='1'>
            <simpleType>
             <list itemType="ID"/>
           <restriction>
              <length value="6"/>
             </restriction>
            </simpleType>
    </element>

I don't want the length restriction but before getting to the point of
removing it I'm getting the same complaint from XSV...

> Invalid cvc-complex-type.1.2.4: element
{http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema}:restriction > not allowed here in
element {http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema}:simpleType

I'm a novice at this stuff so would appreciate even the most obvious of my
errors and misconceptions being brutally highlighted.

Thanks

Mark

[snip]

So look at the DTD or Schema or the spec. itself [1], or best of all
the Primer [2], where you will find