Clarification on interpretation of xsi:type attributes

From: <Mike_Leditschke@nemmco.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:00:37 +1000
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
All the examples I have seen which use an xsi:type attribute to indicate
the
type of an element have used a prefixed name.

Given that xsi:type attribute values are treated as QNames during
validation,
I presume the normal namespace rules wrt default namespaces apply equally
to xsi:type attribute values i.e. I don't have to prefix the value if it is
coming from the
default namespace currently in scope.

Am I correct or off track?

Thanks