Re: Element names

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 22:18:47 +0100
To: Daniel Acton <dacton@itouch.co.za>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Daniel Acton wrote:

> Is there a way I can tell the schema to expect an element with those
> attributes, but not explicitly state the name?

Unless I have missed something, I'd say that you can't.

If you have a finite number of possible names, you can use a xsd:choice
[1] to specify this list.

Otherwise, you have to specify the name of the element, unless you use a
xsd:any [2], but then you can't specify anything about the elements you
are accepting except their namespace.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xmlschema-0-20001024/#SubsGroups
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-xmlschema-0-20001024/#any

See you at XML 2000