Re: XML Schema working with DTDs?

I used to both schema and DTD validate, but I didn't realize these things
had moved. I'll try using these URLs and see if it still works. However,
this policy of locating the schema and DTD at the namespace is pretty
confusing. I appreciate you don't want to change the namespace every time
you issue a new draft and I hope you would try every time you made a
substantive change, because now the result is that even if I write my XML
instance that (today) validates under [1,2] next time you pout out a new
draft it won't! Before, not updating your namespace violated a philosphical
point (but the actual dtd and schema were in a more specific (month) date
space). Now you are violating a more practical point, if I have an example
that works now based on something in date space it won't in the future. (I
think, right?)

[1] http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema.dtd
[2] http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema.xsd

At 21:28 2000-04-28 +0100, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
 >"Joseph M. Reagle Jr." <reagle@w3.org> writes:
 >
 >> What if I have a declaration and doctype so my examples also validate
 >> against a DTD? I can't find the DTD nor XSD within [1] and any reference
 >> them seems to cause errors ... ?
 >>
 >> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlschema-1-20000407/
 >
 >No problem using both DTD and schema.  The schema for schemas does so.
 >There are pointers to the DTD [1] and schema for schemas [2] very near the
top
 >of the above spec.
 >
 >ht
 >
 >[1] http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema.dtd
 >[2] http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema.xsd
 >--
 >  Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of
Edinburgh
 >          W3C Fellow 1999--2001, part-time member of W3C Team
 >     2 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9LW, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
 >	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk

Joseph Reagle Jr.