declarative mapping from XML infoset to application structures

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 07:45:05 -0400 (EDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
cc: swick@w3.org

In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2000Apr/0002.html

Henry writes:
> Richard Tobin and I have been working on a schema validator
>  A declarative mapping from XML infoset to application structures
>    (this could have any other DOM-style parser retrofitted easily);

Henry - this sounds pretty interesting. We've talked previously about
using XSLT for this (ie. Cambridge Communique type stuff). Could you say a
little more about the approach you're taking, how it differs from
XSLT etc? Does the notion of 'more declarative' make sense here? Might
this provide a 'more declarative' mechanism than XSLT for going from XML
trees to application structures...?

Dan

--
danbri@w3.org