Re: SOAP 1.2 Adjuncts errata re GET support

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:58:38 -0500
To: "noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org

Hi Noah,

On 3/30/06, noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> I think you've misunderstood Mark.  In this area, SOAP 1.2 says two things
> that are pertinent:
>
> 1) [Normative] There's a WebMethod=GET feature.  It's intended to be used
> where both ends of the connection were written explicitly to conform to
> the Recommendation.  Both understand the SOAP processing model (though the
> "server" end has relatively little special to do.)

I'll take your word for it that this was the intent, but from an
interoperability POV there's no difference between the two cases you
describe as I see it; an HTTP GET goes in, and a SOAP envelope
emerges.

But I just figured this was a minor editorial issue, and thought a
quick note would be of service.  So if that's not the case (as it
appears) no biggie, I have no issue with it remaining there.

Cheers,

Mark.
--
Mark Baker.  Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.       http://www.markbaker.ca