Issue 501 closed

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:23:46 -0700
To: <andrea.vine@sun.com>, <aphillips@webmethods.com>, <xmlp-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "I18n WSTF" <public-i18n-ws@w3.org>, "Martin Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>

Andrea, Addison,

With respect to issue 501[1] the XMLP WG decided to add the following
text to section 4.3.2:

"If the media type identified by the value of an xmime:contentType
attribute information item is a text based media type then the value of
the xmime:contentType attribute information item SHOULD include a
charset parameter."

as discussed with you on our telephone conference on 2004-10-27. The
latest editor's copy[2] reflects this change.

We trust this satisifies your concern and therefore resolves issue 501.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
For the XMLP WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-cr-issues.html#x502