RE: Closing Issue 502 ( was RE: Issue 502 is closed )

Hi Noah,

You are right that the word "replace" is problematic, even if I tend to
*think* it with regard to IRIs... :-)

It would be more correct to say:

> >> "NOTE: the use of the xs:anyURI type anticipates
> >> the adoption of IRIs in addition to URIs for the
> >> naming of resources"

In any case, the point here is to make explicit the possibility of IRI-like
stuff inherent in the anyURI type. Any text that accomplishes that task will
address our WG comment.

With regard to the word 'scheme', my objection to it is merely one of
aesthetics/readability. If it makes sense in the context of your document,
then that's fine. My concern in citing that word is that it seemed to
introduce unnecessary jargon into that sentence. It is, of course, a
judgement call that your group will need to make in light of the document as
a whole and should not be taken as a substantive comment.

Best Regards,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.