Issue 460 closed

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:35:59 -0800
To: <xmlp-comments@w3.org>, "Erik Wilde" <net.dret@dret.net>

Erik,

You raised an issue, 460[1], with respect to allowing implementations to
choose when to optimize. The working group are amending the text you
commented on to address this issue, amongst others.

As an aside, I would note that the notion of starting with base64 and
optimizing to binary is a specification convention. We actually expect
that people will often start with the binary data and that it is just at
the logical level that the base64 characters exist.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
For the XMLP WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x460