LC comments on XOP

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.at>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:16:40 +0200
To: XMLP Comments <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

Hi all, 8-)

Here are my (potentially) non-editorial comments on the LC draft of XOP:

1) Section 1.1 defines the term Optimized Content and does not define
the term Extracted Content; the rest of the spec uses the latter term in
multiple places, I think these terms should be consolidated or the
latter defined as different from the former.

2) the example in section 1.2 contain white space around the base64
characters, and same below around the xop:Include element, should that
be removed? Or should it be pointed out somewhere that such space is in
fact insignificant per some spec? Section 3.1 specifies bullet 3 says no
space allowed preceding, inline or following the content...

3) Section 3.1, last sentence, should XOP Infoset be changed to XOP
Package here? Content is not encoded into the XOP Infoset after all,
it's extracted from it. 8-)

4) Section 4 says any packaging mechanism can be used, but the spec
refers to the "root part" in multiple places - should it be said that
any packaging mechanism has the notion of a root part?

I'll send my editorial comments (or what I see as such) in a separate
message.

Best regards,

Jacek