Issue 482 closed

From: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:18:06 -0700
To: <fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>
Cc: <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

Fujisawa-san,

You raised an issue, number 482[1] regarding reference to Base64 in
XOP[2]. The XMLP working group declined to adopt your suggestion as XOP
requires a canonical form of base64 and RFC3548[3] does not define such
a form. The XML Schema Part 2[4] specification does define such a form
which is why we reference that specification rather than RFC3548.

I hope my explanation is clear and that this resolution is acceptable to
you.

If this resolution is NOT acceptable to you please let the working group
know as soon as possible.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
For the XMLP Working Group