Issue 442 closed

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@systinet.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:39:34 +0100
To: Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: XMLP Comments <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

Hi Gudge,

the WG has decided to close issue 442 [1] by accepting my proposal [2]
with the friendly amendment stating that the Representation header can
be used multiple times in one message if multiple representations are to
be carried with that message.

We expect to open an issue on providing an extension to this header that
will enable full HTTP caching behavior of recipients. We also expect to
open an issue on clarifying how the Representation header should play
with the SOAP processing model, specifically with respect to roles and
mustUnderstand.

Providing media type information for the data in the Representation
header is still an open issue - 443 [3].

If you have any objections to this resolution of issue 442, please reply
to this message.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Systinet Corporation