Re: Issue 458 closed

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:55:48 -0400
To: "Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org

Martin Gudgin writes.

>> I trust this resolves the issue to your satisfaction.

It does indeed, thank you.

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

"Martin Gudgin" <mgudgin@microsoft.com>
04/28/04 11:14 AM

        To:     <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
        cc:     <xmlp-comments@w3.org>
        Subject:        Issue 458 closed

Noah,

You raised an issue, 458[1], regarding use of XML 1.1 in XOP/MTOM and
SOAP 1.2. The working group has closed this issue by stating;

a) that the infoset for a SOAP message may use any recommendation level
version of XML ( which at the time of writing encompasses XML 1.0 and
XML 1.1 ).

b) that bindings may restrict themselves to a particular version ( or
versions ) of XML for serialization.

c) that the application/soap+xml media type ( and hence the SOAP 1.2
HTTP binding ) will be restricted to XML 1.0 serialization. only.

d) that the application/soap_xop+xml media type ( and hence the MTOM
binding ) is similarly restricted to XML 1.0 serialization.

I trust this resolves the issue to your satisfaction.

Regards

Martin Gudgin
For the XMLP Working Group

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x458