Re: LC Issue 250: closed, editorial: text changed

On Thursday 26 September 2002 01:21 pm, Martin Gudgin wrote:
> It's specified in 2.2 which says:
>
> "http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope/role/next". Each SOAP
> intermediary and the ultimate SOAP receiver MUST act in this role and
> MAY additionally assume zero or more other SOAP roles.
>
> So EVERYONE acts as 'next'. Or put another way, if you see something
> marked soap:role='http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope/role/next'
> then it IS for you! Are you saying we need MORE definition than this?

Instead of defining something by listing it's membership (which includes
everyone and then folks might ask what's the point -- I have a similar
question with "none"?) It's good to define things with an identifier,
expected behaviour, and conformance. Also, this is an opportunity to
reflect how you want others to define their roles when they develop them...

Role Name:
	next
Identifier:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/06/soap-envelope/role/next
Definition
	Any SOAP node that receives and processing a SOAP message as defined
	in section 2.6
Conformance:
	By definition, all SOAP nodes except the originating node MUST
	conform to this role.

Role Name:
	Ultimate SOAP receiver
Identifier: