Re: LC Issue 250: closed, editorial: text changed

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:00:41 -0400
To: "Henrik Frystyk Nielsen" <henrikn@microsoft.com>, <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, <xmlp-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "Hoelzing, Gerd" <gerd.hoelzing@sap.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 07:05 pm, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> In the current text [1], I would tend to agree with you that it would be
> more appropriate to say that we define roles who have known URIs rather
> than saying that we define role names. Throughout the spec we talk about
> roles and not just their names.

I'm still slightly confused, why are there two sentences, I presume the
"describe" is new text:
> In addition to those described above, other roles MAY be defined as
> necessary to meet the needs of SOAP applications.
>
> In addition to the three SOAP roles defined above, other roles MAY be
> defined as necessary to meet the needs of SOAP applications.

Sorry for being so dense, but the roles are now clearly *identified*, the
conformance requirements are clearly *described*, but where are they
defined? (The term "next" is only used *once* in Part 1, and that's in the
identifier...)