Re: LC Issue 250: closed, editorial: text changed

From: Joseph Reagle <reagle@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:09:16 -0400
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com, "'xmlp-comments@w3.org'" <xmlp-comments@w3.org>
Cc: "Hoelzing, Gerd" <gerd.hoelzing@sap.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org

I'm not sure if my question has been answered. I'm looking at [3] and the
text reads, "Each SOAP intermediary and the ultimate SOAP receiver MUST act
in this role and MAY additionally assume zero or more other SOAP roles." I
think the change is that this is supposed to be a definition of the "role
name" instead of the (previous) "role". But it still doesn't seem that
useful a definition to me unless the definition of the NEXT role is that
it's the thing which all SOAP nodes are. However, I suspect the difficulty
here is that there's not a specific location in the specification that
defines what a NEXT agent does, instead it's distributed throughout the
spec...?