Closing XML Protocol Last Call issue 384: Are gateways SOAP intermediaries?

Mark,

gateways are not SOAP intermediaries and therefore not to introduce the
notion of a SOAP gateway into the SOAP spec. The reason is that a SOAP
intermediary is defined in terms of a SOAP receiver and a SOAP sender
which the WG did not associate with traditional gateway functionality.
The WG recognizes that there may be gateways at the level of underlying
protocols but the SOAP spec does not provide an architecture for talking
about such gateways (see also [1] (Member only)).

The WG agrees with your editorial suggestion and will fix the spec
accordingly.

I hope this resolution is satisfactory, otherwise please send your
concerns in a mail to xml-dist-app@w3.org including the issue number in
the subject.

Thanks,

Henrik