Use of optional HTTP Features (requested Last Call Issue)

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 21:01:31 -0400
Cc: John_Ibbotson/UK/IBM%IBMGB@lotus.com, fallside@us.ibm.com
To: <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

Tables 9 [1] and 16 [2] of the latest editors drafts of SOAP 1.2 contain
entries such as:
|----------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| Additional     | Generated in accordance with the rules for the binding
specific expression of any optional features |
| Headers        | in use for this message exchange

|----------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

IBM is pleased to see these entries but requests that consideration be
given to adding a clarification during last call.

Specifically, IBM requests that a note be added to make clear that features
such as http Content-Encoding [3] may be enabled through use of the
features described in the table entry above.   IBM would like for
content-encoding to be supported when using SOAP over HTTP, and we believe
that the current draft does support it.  We are only requesting that the
spec be made a bit clearer on this point.  Thank you very much.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/05/14/soap12-part2-1.93.html#tabreqstateinitfields

[2]
http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/05/14/soap12-part2-1.93.html#tabresstaterecheads