Re: SOAP 1.2 Last Call comments

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 12:24:56 -0400
To: xmlp-comments@w3.org

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 10:58, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Section 5.4.7:
>
> The envelope (lowercase, without namespace name) element is used to
> indicate a mismatch SOAP version in the Envelope (capitalized, with
> namespace name) element. How does a SOAP Node know the SOAP version to
> use?

Rereading the specification, I realized that the response to my question
is in fact described in the envelope documentation:
[[
The Upgrade header block consists of an Upgrade element information
item  containing an ordered list of qualified names of SOAP envelopes
that the SOAP node supports in the order most to least preferred.
]]

So let me ask another question: Why does the envelope element not have a
namespace name?

Thank you,
Philippe