Change maximum arraySize value to "unbounded"

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:33:13 -0400
To: xmlp-comments@w3.org

Part 2, section 3.1.6 arraySize Attribute Information Item[1] reads:

|   The array's dimensions are represented by each item in the list of
|   sizes (unspecified size in case of the asterisk).

This reminds me of the XML Schema maxOccurs attribute which specifies
how many maximum times an element occurs[3].

maxOccurs unbounded value used to be "*" and was changed into
"unbounded" by the XML Schema Working Group (see issue 221[2]).

For alignment purposes, I think that SOAP should also use "unbounded".
Should the XML Schema Working Group define an array type, they would
most certainly go with "unbounded".

Regards,

Hugo

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-soap12-part2-20020626/#arraySizeattr