XMLP Issue 332 Resolution

From: Colleen Evans <cevans@sonicsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:21:12 -0600
To: Mike.Champion@SoftwareAG-USA.com, xmlp-comments <xmlp-comments@w3.org>

Mike,

The XMLP WG has decided to close issue 332 [1] you raised [2] with no
action taken.  We have discussed external references in the past at some
length, and determined their use should be application defined in most
cases.  Where external references are to attachments, we actively have work
ongoing.

Please let the WG know if this is not satisfactory.

Regards,
Colleen (on behalf of the XML Protocol WG)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-lc-issues.html#x332
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlp-comments/2002Jul/0086.html