resolution of XMLP issue 11 (regarding ports)

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:57:22 -0700
To: LMM@acm.org
Cc: xmlp-comments@w3.org

Larry,

You raised an issue [1] to the XML Protocol WG pertaining to the port
which SOAP's HTTP binding uses.

We resolved this at our most recent face-to-face, and have inserted
text [2] that gives guidelines regarding default ports into what will
become the framework for transport bindings. We will incorporate such
wording into the HTTP binding itself as its development progresses.

As such, the WG considers the issue closed. Please let us know if
this is an acceptable resolution.

Regards,

[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/xmlp-issues.html#x11
[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/08/29/soap12-part1.html#Naf6