why text/xml?

From: MURATA Makoto <mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:04:54 +0900 (JST)
To: xmlp-comments@w3.org
Dear colleagues,

I am a little surprised to see Part 2 of SOAP 1.2 still
uses text/xml.

As a co-author of RFC 3023 (XML Media Types), I have repeatedly
asked not to use text/xml.  I must say that I am a little

Please let me know why the XML Protocol WG has decided to
ignore RFC 3023 (and arguably RFC 2046), which is a Proposed
Standard of IETF.  I will then forward the answer to the IETF-XML-MIME
mailing list.

Sincerely yours,