Re: [soapbuilders] Re: XML Protocol: Proposals to address SOAPAction header

Thanks Andrew, you understand what we're doing perfectly.

I'd like to embrace and extend your explanation.

We've got three apps that are scriptable via SOAP 1.1, and more on the way.

They are specified and cloneable, as we believe all SOAP apps should be.

In their specification they declare how SOAPAction must be used.

If another developer specified an open cloneable SOAP app, we would expect
them to tell *us* how to use the SOAPAction header, in English, hopefully
with a mail list where we could ask questions to clarify their intent. Then
we would test for interop and evangelize.

I believe it's important to support this way of working in the interests of
having SOAP be very widely deployed and not requiring anything more than
SOAP. My belief is that we've waited long enough for nirvana at the wire
level. It's time to do some apps. Actually it was time three years ago, when
we started.

Dave