RE: XML Protocol: Proposals to address SOAPAction header

From: Bob Cunnings <cunnings@lectrosonics.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:16:57 -0700
To: xmlp-comments@w3.org
Hello,

I wish to voice my support for Proposal B, in which the use of
SOAPAction is deprecated.

As early adopters (and implementers) of SOAP, we have not been
able to escape the conviction that the SOAPAction header is a
problem in search of a solution. We here have never realized any
added value from its use... the rationale for its existence given in
the spec doesn't seem compelling enough to justify making it
mandatory. Proposal A introduces another degree of freedom into
the protocol binding, and thus the potential for trouble increases. I
prefer the certainty of either Proposal B or the current rule
(mandatory usage).

Robert Cunnings
Lectrosonics, Inc.