Very Urgent---- Problems while manipulating xml name spaces

From: S.Vijaya Kumar <saraswathi_vijay@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:38:18 +0900
To: xml-uri@w3.org
Hi friends,

This is vijay from singapore. Nice to meet U all. I am facing a major
problem using "XMLNS".
Some times I wann to update the name space of respective xml node. If I do
using XMLDOM
(i.e Setattribute or attributes.item(1).text etc) it is creating xmlns
attribute for all
the tags that are under tag for which xmlns upadated. So rightnow to avoid
that I am storing
the total xml data as string into a variable and relacing (i.e updating)
then xmlns of
respecitve tag. But I am not comfortable like that. And also when ever I
added a new child
tag under a tag automatically xmlns attribute is added to the new child
node. But it should
not be expected.

So could U any one pls mail me the soultion.
I look forward Ur reply mail with the solution.

Thanx and regards
Vijay