Re: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-daigle-uri-std-00.txt

From: John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 12:51:57 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, "xml-uri@w3.org" <xml-uri@w3.org>
Dan Brickley wrote:

> The text you cite, [2], leaves open the question of whether the
> 'something' that is referenced may differ over time. At any tick of the
> clock, the identifier 'can' act as a reference to some thing; as time
> passes and the world changes, it might subsequently fail to refer, or pick
> out a different thing-with-identity.

This is so in principle, but I believe it's better to model this as
a matter of rebinding the resource-to-entity-body relationship.
That way the URI-to-resource binding is constant, and the resource-to-entity-body
relationship can vary (or not exist).

--
There is / one art                   || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
no more / no less                    || http://www.reutershealth.com