Re: Moving on (was Re: URIs quack like a duck)

At 09:38 PM 5/29/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Sounds fine to me. It just means that I'll wait for 2.0 before I
>implement anything using XML Namespaces. I don't mean that to be facetious.
>Its just that, since I assumed (which was my fault) that namespace names
>were URIs in all respects, I now consider this version to be broken for
>my purposes...
>
>That doesn't mean its broken for yours....

Exactly... though I suspect the subset that works for you will work in
pretty much every non-relative URI case possible in Namespaces in XML 1.0.

I'm not sure, however - from your perspective - that it's worth waiting,
unless you're very fond of relative URIs.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com