Re: Namespaces and namespace names: a new synthesis?

At 08:48 PM 5/27/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>But yes: preserve the existing behavior, but on a foundation that makes
>namespaces resources.

What does 'making namespaces resources' actually do?

What is the resource nature of a namespace?

I see no such thing in the original spec, and while I can gather some
glimmers from Tim's Web architecture piece, I still feel that I lack any
_strong_ sense of why namespaces should/must _be_ resources rather than be
possible connections to resources.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth