Re: oral tradition

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 12:40:30PM -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> At 12:25 PM 5/25/00 -0400, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> >But that consensus isn't clearly and unambiguously recorded
> >in 2396, which is obviously the place it belongs.   I don't
> >think anyone here would maintain that standards can be based
> >on oral tradition.
>
> In large part, I think it's oral traditions that brought us here:
> 1) the oral traditions in the URI community surrounding RFC 2396
> 2) the oral traditions in the XML community surrounding 'Namespaces in XML'
>
> At least the oral traditions of the XML community tend to be archived (see:
> http://www.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/2000/05/0516.html) - I suspect the URI
> community has similar archives.

Actually we do but the're quite old and would really serve to confuse
everyone here since the terminology has evolved over time. Bunyip
was running the URI list until recently when it went out of business.
We have hte archive available if you are curious or are interested
in digital archeology:

The URN mailing list archive is there as well: