Re: RDF namespace conventions

At 11:51 AM 2000-05-22 -0400, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

>So, the layer separation you suggest would work only with either
>(a) no relative URIs -- at least a warning that XML lower layers don't grok
>them, or
>(b) change lower layers to absolutize before comparing.
>
>Either of these would be consistent.  The second would be cleaner.

Cleaner product, dirtier process.  [Personal opinion: not enough cleaner
product to warrant the process breakage.]

(a) under the 'warning' interpretation (NOT "no relative") might seem to be
the most-broadly-agreeable way to move ahead.  We haven't taken a fresh
straw poll in this group to be sure.

Al