Re: Call the question!

At 01:58 PM 5/22/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>I hope you are wrong, because that means that consensus decision
>making has failed.

As sad as that failure may be, it's always a possible outcome of consensus
approaches.  It's clear that whatever the result may be, there will be a
fair number of angry people storming around and new sets of issues to
resolve.

I suspect that there will also be a sizable contingent that ignores this
discussion and continues on their merry namespace-(ab)using way.

The only concern I've got about this end to consensus development, which
could itself be evil, is how to phrase the question and where.

It sounds like the public phase of discussion is over, if the question is
in fact being called, but I suspect the questions raised will linger a long
while.

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth