Re: Toward the self-describing web [was: Irony heaped on irony]

sam th wrote:

> Sadly, this is not true.  As a test, I just got mail to be delivered to an
> address of the form "name".  It was automatically interpreted as meaning
> "name@localhost.localdomain".  While this is unlikely to be useful
> (esp in the current context) it does work.

The referent of "mailto:name" depends on context, as does the
referent of "ftp://localhost/foo", but both of them are "absolute URIs" in the
technical sense of RFC 2396.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>