Re: status quo

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> By my reading, relative URIs are permitted in XML namespaces, but
> namespaces will be compared as strings - character for character - not as
> converted to absolutes.

Yes.  Moreover, a string that is not a legal relative URI,
such as "/////", is not a legal namespace name either.

> No, I don't expect anyone to like this proposal, but it seems worth making.

Au contraire, some people do like it.   The trouble is that a minority
hates it worse than the Devil, and will block consensus.  This is true for
*every* current position.

--

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>